Sunday Sermon "Whaddya know, Joe?"

"There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before."
- Robert Lynd

"Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"
- Rose Kennedy

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
- Henry Van Dyke

"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."
- Charles Lindbergh

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
- Chinese Proverb

"The very idea of a bird is a symbol and a suggestion to the poet. A bird seems to be at the top of the scale, so vehement and intense his life. . . . The beautiful vagabonds, endowed with every grace, masters of all climes, and knowing no bounds -- how many human aspirations are realised in their free, holiday-lives -- and how many suggestions to the poet in their flight and song!"
- John Burroughs

"You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren."
- William Henry Hudson

"I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn."
- Henry David Thoreau


The majority of today was spent in the car with NerdyGirl, driving to the bustling metropolis of Rock Springs, located in the scenic southwest quadrant of The Siberia of the Americas. One tasty Easter Brunch later, we returned with my new buddy, Joe.

Joe is a Black-headed Caique (Pionites melanocephala melanocephala ), and he is recovering from the trip nicely. I'll put some pics of him up later this week.

He has asked if he can do a guest blog appearance, so look for Joe's reflections, coming soon...

Go in Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment