Roadside Oddities
Ever since I began making the drive between my self-imposed exile in Laramie and the unHoly Lands in Orange County, I have been meaning to get a picture of this road sign near Baker, California. Finally, I had the digital camera with me...

It turns out that there is quite a story behind this place.

Let's turn now to roadside attractions closer to home. In every community in which I have ever lived there has been a tacitly agreed upon grafitti location - a train trestle, water tower, abandoned factory, etc. - that has served as a tagboard for the youth of the area. Since the Front Range is known for its geologic structures, it is fitting that the youth around here communicate via rock. Usually, this Highway 287 landmark alternates between patriotic sentiments, proclalamtions of love, and motivational slogans for local prep sports teams. Recently however, it carried this observation:

It's funny 'cuz it's true...

0 comments:

Post a Comment