Woke up at 3:45 this morning, knowing that I had forgotten something.
Got dressed, stumbled to my office, and remembered what it was.
Fixed it, and came back home.
The whole thing took about an hour.
But why did it have to be that particular hour?

Now I'm back in bed, trying to go back to sleep.
It's not going to happen, but I can dream, right?
Of course, my dreams are all about stats right now, so maybe that's not such a great idea.

I need summer to get here.
I need warm days and late sunsets and time to sleep properly, without deadlines and obligations overhead... just for a month or two. Then I'll be bored and miss the strife of classes, but right now, I really need time to read what I want to read, and to write what I want to write.

Less than three weeks to go.


Mayren said...

I'm a sleepwalker - well less nowadays than when i was younger (prolly cause i'm happier) -
So i feel your pain of being up and dressed and out the door.

Jim the Hamster said...

Oh, yeah, that was you I saw at 4am in the office last night.

the only bagel in france said...

That sounds brutal. By this time next year, I'll be wondering why I didn't take better advantage of my relaxation time in France. Nothing much vegan here, but I'm sure you could just go heavy on the wine, reading, and relaxation. Good luck in the next three weeks!

His Sinfulness said...

I did get back to sleep, but I felt really rundown when I woke up again. I really need to just sleep for about 10-12 hours...

Mayren said...

if you could find that large block of time close to your usual sleeping time then go for it.
I doubt that will happene until AFTER the semester is over. I know you crazy flock hall peeps push push push till semester is done.

His Sinfulness said...

It's true - we generally don't sleep for the last two weeks of a semester, but I always think that *this* semester will be different somehow...

Raksha said...

Yikes! I hope sleep is coming a bit easier for you now. I didn't sleep at all last night, although I started micro-dozing for about an hour before I got up at about 9. My parents had left for a dentist appointment early that morning, so I was looking after Gram today and she promptly crapped all over herself, the bathroom and the chair and it took me over an hour to clean everything up.

Needless to say, it's after 3 am at the moment and I don't see sleep coming anytime soon. And if it did, I'm not sure I'd want it to.

Post a Comment