Irrational Lust

I recently went to the music store where I got my acoustic guitar, and saw this...

It is an Epiphone Dot, semi-hollow body, which lists for $399. It was the display model, thus it was on sale as used - for $175!

Why should I be deterred by the fact that I only know about nine chords? Should I care that buying an electric guitar looks like a completely pathetic attemp to recapture my lost youth? (I was in a band once, long ago...) Did I mention that it's BLACK?

I don't have an amp either, so that would be another chunk of money. A little practice amp like this one is about $45...


It's just hanging there in the store, mocking me. I can hear it from here...

5 comments:

Mandyfish said...

If you are looking for an excuse or a loop hole....here ya go:

Buying both, assuming you get the exact practice amp featured, is still less than the price of the guitar alone..when it is brand new. Technically, you'd be walking away with a realy good deal.

And guys with guitars are hot.

Linus said...

I have already pretty much reconciled myself to the fact that I'm going to get an electric soon, but thanks for enabling me... :)

Levi said...

You are not a man until you have an electric guitar.

Claytonian said...

wowwowchickabowwowwochickabow...

Linus said...

Today, I am a man.

Post a Comment