Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Turn and Face the Strain



So, I'm giving up my carefree rockstar lifestyle and returning to the ranks of the employed. I will begin my fabulous new position in the UW Financial Aid Office on Monday, July 17th, at the ungodly hour of 7:30 AM. It is a benefited position, and I can use the gym on campus for a nominal fee. Although it doesn't pay all that well, the monthly gross is a veritable fortune compared to what I've been living on as a student. It means no more ramen, no more rice and beans, more guitars and a buddy for Ajax...

Maybe a new amp too (this is the one I'm currently drooling over)...



I will be looking for a little place here in Laramie for Ajax and I, as the freaky commune known as Flock Hall is disintegrating. I want to rent a house (no shared walls, please) with two bedrooms that will allow me to have a bird (or two). Being close to campus would be nice as well, but location is not a major concern at this point.

These changes are not the ones I had planned on making at this time. I had hoped to leave Laramie behind, and to never face another Wyoming winter, but life rarely adheres to my plans. I guess I should stop looking at Laramie as a temporary place; my time here is still finite, but I can stop living like a student and be a grown-up again. I must register and insure my car here, get a Wyoming license, and register to vote here (I usually vote absentee in California). I'm not sure how I really feel about this development yet...

5 comments:

Levi said...

Laramie's not so bad. i'll have to come hassle you with useless questions. especially since i don't attend anymore!

The Marshall 100 HD FX is a fine, fine amp--mine's been kicking ass and taking names for a while now and shows no signs of slowing down, though I'd been considering changing up to a fender twin reverb...

Linus said...

Did you see the new Marshall JTM45/100 recreation? It's made to be an exact replica of the 1965 100 watt stack just like The Who used... for only $4200 plus shipping from the UK.

Linus said...

I still want to go to Baylor, but I won't be going anywhere this fall.

inkandpen said...

Really, your time anywhere is temporary. Having been a full-time student for 6 years now (and with no real end in sight) I've found it much better to decide that wherever I am is "home," because otherwise, well, I feel homeless. :)

But congratulations on the job! Having income is important. I hope it is rewarding, and not too tedious!

Modig said...

The west coast's loss is our gain! Having money isn't bad at all, it is the BS you have to go through to earn said money that sucks donkey balls!

Post a Comment