Birthday Sermon

Yes, this weekend marks another year of existence for me. Traditionally this day finds me wallowing in a red-level funk, but this year I find that I am surrounded by loving friends, and I have very little to bitch about. Sure I'm still fat, unmotivated, broke, and thinning on top, but I'll start whining about that again tomorrow...

Today, I will just tease you with a preview of my next post - it involves an amazing custom (read "expensive") kite that I have lusted for since last Fall, and a long list of my ridiculously generous friends. As soon as I have a chance to get a good sunlit shot of this incredible feat of tethered aviation engineering, I'll post it, along with my heartfelt thanks; at the moment, I am still trying to absorb the magnitude of my friends' coolness.

For those of you who actually read the sermons, we have a real treat for you. Nerdygirl, the official Scribe of the Black Vatican, has compiled some of the more poignant nuggets of wisdom that have fallen from the Dark Pontiff's lips over the life of the Flock. Many of these never made it to a sermon... It's on her blog, found here. Go there. Go there now.

Go in Peace.

6 comments:

Big Gay Jim said...

Happy belated B-day, champ. It's not from the blog-o-sphere, but I'm still partial to the old statement from the Rev. "Ass pony."

Benjamin said...

Happy belated brirthday as well. The puppies are lovely, and the foot looks.. well, painful.

Mandyfish said...

A most happiest and slightly late Birthday wish for you!

Levi said...

This blog used to stand for something. Now it stands for a lack of updates. Can you put yourself in the sinners column?

Claytonian said...

ooh called out!

Levi said...

It was pretty sunny today.

Post a Comment