The End is Nigh

Another semester is winding down, and I have remarkably few things to complete these days. These are the final days of the final classes I'll be taking at UW - a take home exam, a 15-page paper, and a presentation will complete my coursework here. Next semester I'll just be writing my thesis - no classes, and although I still have GA funding, I am not assigned to a professor.

I am not worried about getting this semester's work done on time.
I am not worried about writing my thesis, or defending it.
I am not worried about my PhD applications, or getting accepted somewhere.
In fact, I am not even excited about being done here.

The academy has finally rendered me numb.

Well - not entirely numb. I can still feel how tired I am. I know that by the end of the month-long winter break I will be ready to get back to work, but right now I just want to sleep.

4 comments:

Tessa K. said...

Numb and tired is a good way to describe it... how is the PhD applications process going?

Mayren said...

*huggles Linus*
A much deserved winter's break.
Doctorate eh? niiiice. Dr. Linus aka Dr. Sinful ... i dunno perhaps we will have to shop around for more nick names :)

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm... Leftovers. All of the above, well maybe not the random salad goo, that stuff is a gamble when it comes around the first time.

Linus said...

I like Dr. Sinful. It beats Dr. Pope... ;)

Post a Comment