Nearly There...

This semester is winding down, and I'll be glad to see it go. I have turned in the two big papers that have had me at the library and computer labs until all hours of the night. I've presented one already and I present the other one on Saturday. After that, I have only to study for two finals, and neither is comprehensive.

For the first time since I returned to college in 2001, I've not really enjoyed the term. I am not a fan of any form of math, and I have struggled with my stats class all semester. Add to that another professor who is a complete tool (let's call him "Dr. Tool") , and that leaves me with only one class that I enjoyed this time around. Hopefully my two summer session classes will be better - I'm taking Athenian Democracy (History and PoliSci) and a philosophy class on fate and free will.

In an interesting turn of events, one of my classmates has filed a formal complaint against Dr. Tool. He asked all of us to submit our thoughts on the class, the grading criteria, and his teaching style. My gut reaction to those three questions is, "it sucks, they suck, he sucks," but I have refrained from shooting of an email to that effect to the department head. I have to take another class from Dr. Tool in the Fall and I don't want my name associated with a complaint. Not yet anyway...

At any rate, it is nearly over. I am looking forward to playing some badminton tonight, and I hope to get a good run in tomorrow - I need to de-stress. I am also going to be working on the next post in my series on the Dharma of the Game. This time I'll be talking about losing as the catalyst for personal betterment.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

De Stress= making up missing her birthday to G quickly before the birthday month runs out!!!

Or having actual fun...up to you ;}

CorianderDragon said...

Just THINK soon there will be a carefree summer - well except for summer class - but you know what I mean. WOOO HOOO FOR SUMMER!!!!

I hope things will be de-stressified soon for you.

Anonymous said...

Athenian Democracy is a good class. The instructor know the material well and makes the class interesting. If you have an appreciation for dry humor be can be quite funny. Here's to two more weeks, at least our presentations are done.

Post a Comment