Winter in LA(ramie)

I try to enjoy it, to see the beauty in it. I try to reflect on the crisp air, the turning leaves, and the chance to wear my wool sweaters. I try, I really do... but I'm not so far removed from my LA roots that I don't remember what October can be like.

Current Conditions for Laramie, WY:
40 degrees (31 with windchill).
Wind is NNW at 18-20mph (shitty for kites)

Current conditions for Seal Beach, CA:
95 degrees
Wind is E at 6mph (pretty much ideal for kites)

You do the math.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

95 degree weather is gross!

Linus said...

First of all, it is probably about 85 on the beach, due to the cooling effect of the sea.

Secondly, you have lost touch with our natural heritage. We evolved from the savanas and grasslands... we are made to withstand heat, not cold; that's why we don't have a thick coat of hair.

Thirdly, you aren't a kite flyer, so hush.

:)

Tessa K. said...

i'm so cold!!!!

sivartkram said...

I did math once

Post a Comment